Saturday, April 30, 2011

A Mothers Worst Nightmare

April 22, 2011
I don't know how to even start this post because it was such a perfect morning. I had gotten up with Jayci about 8:30 a.m. right after Dad had left to work. She was SOOO HAPPY and giggly. I just couldn't help but love on her and play with her in her room for a few minutes. After about ten minutes she was on a mission to find Ellie and torture her for awhile. For some reason it Ellie didn't start yelling at her like she usually did. She just wrestled with her and they layed on the floor for a few minutes and watched a little cartoons. I was in shock because I needed to get a few things done so I knew she was in good hands. I was up doing dishes and all I could hear was Ellie talking a hundred miles and hour and Jayci just giggling. I don't think I'll ever forget that sweet laugh and their moments together. I was done with dishes about 10. We all sat in the living room with eachother just hanging out. Jayci was playing with her toys and throwing them everywhere. I decided it was probably best to pick up everything (all her baby toys) and give the living room a good clean. So Jayci and I picked up her toys put them in a basket and carried them to her room. She loved to help me clean up and exspeically vaccum. She was always sitting where ever I vacummed so I would pretend to run her over, she would laugh and then move to another spot. It always seemed to make me 3 times as long to vacumm but I loved every second of it. Anyways after we got done cleaning up her toys we vacummed one last time together and I went to put her down for a nap because I knew she would sleep for the Osterhout kids. She would of been running a hundred miles and hour and would want to play the whole time. So I went and got her a bottle and laid her down. As I laid her down, like the previous night she took her bottle I kissed on the forehead told her I loved her sooo much and she waved that sweet wave one very last time. I enjoyed her nap I had a shower and got Ellie and I ready. One o'clock rolled around and I had to go instantly pull her out of bed, which she was still sleeping so she was just so sweet and kinda had her shy smile on not fully awake. I pulled her out. sat her on my lap and put on those new shoes just like her big sisters that I had just bought her. As soon as I put them on they were velcro and she was trying to get them off. We played back and forth slapping hands because she kept trying to get them off. She thought it was sooo funny that I kept playfully slapping her hand. After I finally got her jacket on we went out and put her in her seat and I got Ellie's coat on and then we were on our way. For some reason when I got to Kari's I explained over and over to Layne that someone needed to have her eyes on her EVERY SECOND because she was so fast. I gave her one last squeeze and kiss on the cheek and let her run and she was off and running to get up Kari's steps. I stopped one last second to watch how fast she was and crawling up those stairs and just smiled. She turned and looked at me with those big brown eyes and was off again! I walked to the van with a little sick feeling in my gut but just kept going got to the school and we were on our way to FIler to the softball game.

At the first of the second game my mother in law came running to the fence and said get your stuff we've got to get you home. I instantly pulled myself away from her and said WHAT HAPPEND... she didn't' want to tell me but gave in and said "they can't find Jayci". Right then and there at that very Moment I already knew where she was. She was being greeted in Heaven by our Gracious and Loving Father in Heaven!!!!.... I was still in shock and didn't even know how to act... I just don't have any words for the drive home... It was AWFUL!!! I had so many mixed emotions and one being "my husband is never going to forgive me...." But by the time I got to Kari's house we coudln't even drive up to the house I had to get out of the car and RUN as fast as my wobbly legs could carry me to go be with my husband. There were hundreds and hundreds of people around looking all over for her.

As I ran in the house I found my husband curled up on a bench and I just ran to him and we just hugged and cried. I don't remember much of anything else from this point on until we found ourselves in the office recieving blessings and saying many many prayers. That those hands searching would find my sweet little girl. I knew where she was I just wanted her body back... After being there for which seems like eternity. The Sheriff came in and told me it was time that they have to get the dive team out of the river it was to cold and we can't risk their safety as well... That is when I knew It was going to be the longest night of my life.

Layne and I sat in that office for hours and just wished that they could find her. We were there all alone and and we both knew that it was her time to go. As I reflect on the last month on her life I recall a day as I was watching her sleep I had this feeling that she wouldn't be around forever. Be more paitent, take more pictures, spend more time just loving her and observing everything that she did. And whatever it was I knew it had to be water. I knew because she loved it so much she would be taken as a perfect child back to our Father in Heaven. It wasn't easy to grasp but I did take my time with her and I loved her and I laughed instead of lost patience. I know in my heart it had to be someone else because it I hooked that child to me ball and chain I never lost sight of her because I knew her time was coming to an end. So the Good Lord had to put it in someone else's hands and have someone else take that burden from me. And I know that that Greg and Kari were choosen because of their strength as a family and their perfect faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and the plan of Salvation and the knowledge that families can be together FOREVER!!!! As I expressed these thoughts to Layne he just got tears in his eyes and expressed the same feelings except his has been for a few months. He said he would look in her eyes (those beautiful brown eyes) and knew she wouldnt' be with us forever. So just as I knew he knew also so in his own sweet way Our Heavenly Father started preparing us for this tragedy.

As people have come in to my life I know they have been put there for a reason. Some that have lost children of their own and me just thinking I was reaching out to comfort them and in all reality they were sent to me for this horrible time in my life. I haven't found the time or have had the courage to talk to anyone yet but their time is coming In the quiet moments at home I just need to get out and go... And will find myself in the comfort of their homes.

As Layne and I were headed out of Kari and Greg's friday night empty handed I was lost, broken, sick and comforted. We had to go home to tell our sweet Ellie that her sister is in Heaven now in ourLoving Heavenly Fathers arms. He is going to take care of her for us until we can be together again. As we held her in our arms as she cried uncontrollably I have never been more grateful for my beautiful first born daughter to fill that emptyness just a little bit. What would I ever have done with out her?! I love my daughters more than life itself and would of given anything to have one last second with Jayci but I know it had to be the way that it was. Please continue to keep our family in your prayers. I dont' know what I am going to do in those quiet moments but I will find peace.

This tradegy has given me a whole new perspective on motherhood and being a parent. Oh what am I going to do without my sweet baby Jayci....

5 comments:

Chelsea and Rory said...

My heart goes out to you and your family. I don't know you Krissy, but I went to school with Layne, and as a mom it breaks my heart to hear your story. From what I can tell, you have a huge amount of faith and testimony in Heavenly Father, and I'm sure your family will pull through. Know you are in our thoughts and prayers!!

Michelle Arnett said...

Sweet Sweet Krissy. I just found your blog. I was looking through my blog reader of those who had found my blog and it linked back to you. Words don't begin to express the sympathy i have for your family. Jayci is simply beautiful. You are a woman of faith and love and inspiration. It's humbling for our angels to have such close angel days. James passed away on the 20th of April. It is such a difficult month. MY heart BREAKS for your family. I pray you are finding peace and from experience I recognize this is probably one of the hardest times right now as you approach your year mark. I hope you can find comfort in peace in watching how I constantly strive to cope with my loss. Our babies are so sweet and we are so lucky to have someone who loves us on the other side. They are our guardian angels. God bless your family.
LOVE you, even though I don't know you.
From one momma's broken heart to yours.
Love,
Michelle

The Kings said...

I'm so sorry. I have also lost a son, but we knew that he wouldn't be with us for very long after he was diagnosed at 9 weeks old. He passed away in October last year. I'm also LDS and am so grateful for the peace I feel to know that he is where he is meant to be. Love to you.xox

The Hebbs said...

I just read your sad but faith filled tragic day. I'm so so sorry for the pain and sadness of losing a child. I too (like others mothers have commented) have lost my 2 year old to a drowning in the washing machine at home just 8 months ago. Such a hard thing but I know my son is in heaven waiting for me. I feel him near everyday. I hope you find the strength to endure this life. My prayers are with you. Xoxo
wwwhebbsters.blogspot.com

Just a side note, my husband and I have talked about drowning, neither one of us have drowned obviously but we have had friends who have come close and they tell us it was so peaceful. So many children drowned under the age of 2 and we speculate it is Heavenly Fathers way of taking them in a peaceful way, if they have to go maybe this is a better way than others.

Nygards said...

Krissy,
I am so sorry for your loss. What a sweet/perfect little girl. Thank you for your words and faith. I loved reading them.
Love, Jenny

Ellie Funnies

"Conversation with Granny June"

Granny get's out of the car and says "I need to use the rest room."

Ellie says "You need to go potty?"

Granny "Yes"

Ellie says "Okay I'll take you."

(Granny could not even tell me the story because she was laughing to hard. I thought it was so cute she wanted to help.)



"Sacrament Meeting 08/09/08"

Ellie "Mom where is your bag"

Dad "Do you want a snack?"

Ellie "Yeah" Cough Cough Cough
Dad preceeds to get her a treat but she started gaging a little bit. Chokes spits up a little bit, and Layne catches it in his hand.
Ellie (look of disgust) "Dad go throw it in the gabage that is DISGUSING"
So Layne gets up and washes his hands.
(I about peed my pants laughing)


"This Morning 08/18/09"

I was in the kitchen making hot chocolate. Which I LOVE. Ellie decides she wants some to. But I was watching my TV show and told her to wait a minute. She was not going for that so she grabbed my arm and says "Pease Mom your the best". I love it when she says that, how can you tell her to hold on then?!



"On our way home from Twin. 8/22/09"

Ellie was whinny in the back seat and Layne started to mimic her and she got really mad and said. "Dad quit being a whiner."



"Tonight sitting on my lap in the Kitchen 9-08-09"

Ellie: I wanna get married

Mom: dieing of laughter "what did you say"

Ellie: I wanna get married

Dad: Not till your thirty!

Ellie: Ok



10/05/09

All of us playing make believe after dinner?!

Ellie: Mom you be Ellie, I'll be Dad and Dad be mommy because you have a Belly like mommy... (I laughed so hard)

So she wanted some dinner and said while deepening her voice "Darlin bring me some dinner"

We were laughing way to hard to keep playing... She was on one that night



12/02/09

After bringing Jayci home from the hospital.

Ellie: Mom why is Jayci eating your boob?(said so disgustedly)

Mom: because that is how she gets her food.

Ellie: Can she eat my boob?



01/24/2010

Getting ready for church.

I curled Ellies hair this morning and put a cute flower in it. She was wearing a new dress with her boots. I told her she looked rockin. She says "yeah i'm rockin" I tried to get her to put her coat on but she said "no mom I want to show dad how fashionable I am" Seriously what three year old talks like that.
02/08/10
Setting the scene: Ellie walks out of my room with just a t shirt on. I ask her. Where are your pants. She says: Mom their wet! well why or they wet. With her hand on her hip and shaking her finger at me she says "Because moder I had an Asserdent"