Tuesday, May 3, 2011

April 23, 2011

Testimony
24 hours ago I stood waist deep in the frigid river waters the crispy morning silence broken only by the scolding of two Geese who knew I didn't belong there. I held close the tiny tabernacle of of a beautiful daughter of God, having seen in the night the moment that angels escorted her spirit back to our Father in Heaven and knowing just where to go to find her I held her tight praying for strength to make the phone call and finish what I had been called to do. This morning I returned to my river for quiet for peace to commune with my Father. This morning again my two companions came out from the banks only not to scold me but to show me their testimony of Life of Love of Easter, their new family closely behind them revealed to the world to me for the first time this Easter Morning. I know my Savior lives, I pray for Lane and Krissy, for their family for our community for me.

These are the words of the most courageous and loving man who found my daughter Saturday morning in that very cold, fast flowing river. As I was riding in the car with Val and Teresa I felt two things ANGER and PEACE. I was more upset at the peace part because how could I be so calm, knowing that this is what was meant to be. I know why I was angry, I WANTED MY BABY GIRL BACK. I thought about how our Heavenly Father felt the night Jesus Christ suffered on the cross. The pain as a parent he must of been going through because in that very moment it was so hard for me. As we pulled upon the scene where Jayci was found I was looking frantically everywhere to find her. Who was holding her so I could scoop her up in my arms. As I got out of the car a very nice diver/volunteer walked up to me and said she is in here. I walked over to the police car and lost all control. All I could see was this pile of blankets sweetly wrapped around Jayci from head to toe, except her crazy hair which was poking out the top of the blanket. I knew it was her and just wanted to get in so bad to hold her and tell how sorry I was and how much I loved her. I looked over at the guy and said "can I hold her" and he said "I'm sorry but you cannot." I cannot even describe the devastation I felt in my heart. The longing to hold her one more time. I didn't care what she looked like or what the situation was. I just wanted to grasp that chubby little hand one more time to know for sure that she knew I loved her with every fiber of my being. As I stood staring at that crazy baby hair with my head leaning against the window. I felt so bad for that volunteer who had to tell me know. He was trying to hold it together but wanted to fall apart. As A parent I'm sure he knew the yearning of my heart. In the mean time I turn around and found my husband in a heap of mess in the gravel pleading for his baby girl. I felt so bad for him and was SO worried about him. I completely felt helpless.

As the coroner came over he asked me a few question and wanted to know a little bit more about the situation. He said how sorry he was. EVERYONE SAYS how sorry they are. But at that point I knew but still wanted my Baby Jayci back. A few minutes later as we were waiting for the funeral director to come and get her. I found myself helpless. I couldn't go to my husband because he was in the car grieving for his baby girl like I have never seen in my whole life, and everyone else was standing there staring at what I was going to do. And do you know what I felt. PEACE!!! I knew where she was and how she got there. I imagined her little smirk on her face as the angels helped her to that river and she went in just as those angels carried her up to our Loving Heavenly Fathers arms and he held her as I would all the while watching as her parents grieved her loss.

Jeff Rasmussen pulled up to the scene with Nick and they looked over everything and talked to the coroner and then asked us to come over. If they were not going to let me hold her I felt like Layne and I needed to be the ones to hand our sweet baby girl over from the police car to Jeff's loving arms. As they wrapped Jayci in a perfectly white sheet Nick placed her in Laynes and mine arms. As they pulled her out of the car her hair went everywhere and my sweet husband lost all control that he had. I was grateful for that hair that flopped out because it was hers and it was calming to me. As we both had our hands on her and handed her over into Jeffs loving arms as he was sitting in the van he called each of us over one at a time and hugged us and told us she was in his protection now and would be perfectly taken care of. He also said he would hurry as quickly as he could so we could come and see her again. As he was carrying her in his arms and they were trying to get out of there as quickly as they could because by this time the search teams were starting to show up again and he felt like that moment didn't need to be seen by many others. As I watched her drive away in a van that was not our own knowing my life would never be the same. I WAS BROKEN!

On the drive home it was quiet besides the sweet sobs from my dear sweet husband. I just could not get out of my head how grateful I was that they found her. Oh, I know with out a shadow of a doubt that we could still be looking for her this day and could possibly never have found her again!
But we had and she was safe in the loving arms of our funeral directors Nick and Jeff.

When we got home we sat in silence for probably an hour and I told my sisters to give us time before they come over I needed those quiet moments to pull myself together and sit with my husband. As my sisters got there I crumbled in their arms. I was so eternally grateful for my sisters to be there. There is nothing like hugging your sisters and knowing they are feeling my pain. As the day went on I had visitors and so much food brought in I didn't know what to do with it all. I loved all the hugs and the concern for my husband and I and our sweet Ellie.

There was not any other comfort that I felt that whole time until my Mom pulled into the drive way and I cried and sobbed in her arms. I know as my mom she felt my pain because our hearts are one. I am so grateful for my mother in law as well for being their for us. And keeping us comforted as well. I hugged my brother and other sister and was so thankful that they were all able to be there for Layne and I and to mourn with us. Our day of visitors and food did not end until 10:30p.m. to say I was exhausted was an understatement. I was grateful for all the love and support but was so thankful for the quietness that nighttime brought. I was grateful to kneel as a family and pray to our Father in Heaven all of the desires of our hearts along with all the pain we were feeling, knowing he has never left our side from the time this incident started. I was able to take some medication and fall asleep with no problems and was left dreamless with restless sleep!

4 comments:

Arlessa said...

I am another person you don't know. I saw your sweet little girl's obituary in the paper and was touched by what I read. I found your blog a little while later. You have an amazing perspective on the loss of your precious girl. What hit me the hardest was that you call your sweet Jayci your "beast". We also have a little girl we call our beast. As you described Jayci, I saw so many similarities to my daughter. Precious, feisty, fearless with wild, beautiful hair and big, brown eyes. My heart hurts for you and your family, but I pray you continue to find peace and comfort. God bless you.

Mindy said...

Krissy, I cry when I read your stories. I am glad you have the courage to share. I am the type of person that likes to talk through my problems, and I love that you share your story. May God continue to bless your family, as my heart aches for you and Layne.

Shonda said...

Krissy, You are truely inspiring! I'm so sorry for your heartache, your loss. It is incredible to see and feel your faith! I would like to hope that I could be as strong as you are if I were in your situation! You are simply amazing and I pray for you, Ellie, and Layne daily. I'm grateful for your courage and strength! You are amazing mama!

Jocelyn said...

Krissy,
you are amazing!! I know i have told you this almost every day in writing but you are! I can't imagine your pain, but I am so thankful that you and Layne have each other! I love and miss you and continue to stay strong!
Love
Jocelyn

Ellie Funnies

"Conversation with Granny June"

Granny get's out of the car and says "I need to use the rest room."

Ellie says "You need to go potty?"

Granny "Yes"

Ellie says "Okay I'll take you."

(Granny could not even tell me the story because she was laughing to hard. I thought it was so cute she wanted to help.)



"Sacrament Meeting 08/09/08"

Ellie "Mom where is your bag"

Dad "Do you want a snack?"

Ellie "Yeah" Cough Cough Cough
Dad preceeds to get her a treat but she started gaging a little bit. Chokes spits up a little bit, and Layne catches it in his hand.
Ellie (look of disgust) "Dad go throw it in the gabage that is DISGUSING"
So Layne gets up and washes his hands.
(I about peed my pants laughing)


"This Morning 08/18/09"

I was in the kitchen making hot chocolate. Which I LOVE. Ellie decides she wants some to. But I was watching my TV show and told her to wait a minute. She was not going for that so she grabbed my arm and says "Pease Mom your the best". I love it when she says that, how can you tell her to hold on then?!



"On our way home from Twin. 8/22/09"

Ellie was whinny in the back seat and Layne started to mimic her and she got really mad and said. "Dad quit being a whiner."



"Tonight sitting on my lap in the Kitchen 9-08-09"

Ellie: I wanna get married

Mom: dieing of laughter "what did you say"

Ellie: I wanna get married

Dad: Not till your thirty!

Ellie: Ok



10/05/09

All of us playing make believe after dinner?!

Ellie: Mom you be Ellie, I'll be Dad and Dad be mommy because you have a Belly like mommy... (I laughed so hard)

So she wanted some dinner and said while deepening her voice "Darlin bring me some dinner"

We were laughing way to hard to keep playing... She was on one that night



12/02/09

After bringing Jayci home from the hospital.

Ellie: Mom why is Jayci eating your boob?(said so disgustedly)

Mom: because that is how she gets her food.

Ellie: Can she eat my boob?



01/24/2010

Getting ready for church.

I curled Ellies hair this morning and put a cute flower in it. She was wearing a new dress with her boots. I told her she looked rockin. She says "yeah i'm rockin" I tried to get her to put her coat on but she said "no mom I want to show dad how fashionable I am" Seriously what three year old talks like that.
02/08/10
Setting the scene: Ellie walks out of my room with just a t shirt on. I ask her. Where are your pants. She says: Mom their wet! well why or they wet. With her hand on her hip and shaking her finger at me she says "Because moder I had an Asserdent"