Titled: Jayci Lillian
from my friend Melissa Silcock
I have been dreading writing this post. I feel it is necessary and something I want to keep in my blog book forever. My good friend, Krissy and her family lost their little girl this last weekend in a tragic accident. I have no words to even describe the way I feel and this community feels. When Robbie called me to tell me that Jayci was missing and to get down to the house she was last seen at, my first thoughts were, "well, that is Jayci." I didn't know her as well as I should have. I am good friends with her mom and when all of us friends get together, we tend to prefer it without our kids. You know, some quiet time. So sometimes I feel like I know my friends really well, but go a long time without seeing their kids. I did keep Jayci one time for Krissy and I remember that she just cried and cried. I was trying to cook dinner, so I had to cook it with her on my hip. The one thing I knew Jayci for was her wild hair! She had the prettiest dark, curly hair and it was crazy!! I always loved the stories Krissy would tell us and put on her blog about Jayci. They called her "the beast" if that tells ya something. She was a typical 16-month old...always into everything...and always busy, busy. I would always see Layne with her out in the hallway at church and he would just be following her around, wherever her little legs would take her. This experience has been horrible, devastating, and amazing all at the same time. Krissy and Layne have been soooo great during this whole ordeal. They understand that it was a part of a plan that we don't quite understand yet. Krissy has been a support and an example to each of us. I am always so down when I am constantly thinking about it during the day, and when I go visit her and see her..I feel better. I know that they are suffering and that we cannot comprehend what they are going through. But they are staying strong and I am so glad that I have been close enough to Krissy to witness this firsthand. It has changed me, as well as everyone in our little community. That night when we were looking for Jayci, there were sooo many people there and it seems like people just kept showing up throughout the night. I mean, hundreds of people and a lot of people who were there had no idea who Krissy, or Layne, or Jayci were, but they were there helping. As I was walking and looking, I was kind of on a hill and I could see all of the people who were scattered all around looking for her and it was amazing. I heard the search planes above my head and I actually got chill bumps on my arms when I thought about the love and support this community shows to one another. People can knock small towns all they want, but there is no way I would EVER live anywhere else. Jayci will be missed and we all will feel a little bit emptier because she is not with us, but I know her parents will be supported throughout this and that our Heavenly Father will strengthen them. I am so grateful for honor and privilege I had of getting a little glimpse of heaven through Jayci. I have learned that life is short and that we should cherish every moment with our family and friends!!! Everyone please keep this wonderful family in your prayers.
Titled Jayci Lillian
from my friend Kenna Harris
I've thought of a hundred ways to word this and what it comes down to is my heart aches for one of my closest friends and her husband. A week ago today they realized every parent's worst fear in the loss of their sweet baby girl.Krissy called me last Friday morning and we chatted about dance stuff, easter weekend plans, and the day's plans. She coaches softball and they had a game that afternoon. She mentioned that Kari's kids (head coach) would be watching her girls. They live right next to my parents and I remember Krissy saying they'd have to watch Jayci around the river. She loved water. I almost thought to validate her concern and offer to watch the girls but I thought of the handful of older kids that would be there watching her and we moved on with our conversation.Chip and I had planned a trip to Twin to do a little shopping for the kids. We were halfway there when Chip's cell rang and he handed it to me with Robbie and Ben's name showing on the caller ID. I knew the minute Robbie started talking that something was wrong. She was upset but I heard the words Jayci, missing, and river and my stomach sank. We immediately turned around. As we pulled in the hundreds of people walking the river bank, the divers in the water, and planes flying over were all so surreal. This kind of thing only happens to other people, people on the news who's faces aren't familiar.They found Jayci's little body early the next morning.Jayci was such a busy little thing. So busy and so fast. She loved, loved the water and they figure she slipped out the door in a small window of time. Krissy and Layne have confirmation that is was her time and no body's fault. The loss hurts nonetheless. I think every parent tries to imagine when you hear such a story and the reality has to be many times harder. It gives everyone a stark reality check about how quickly life can change and just how short life can be. I've felt guilty this week when I've lost my patience with my own kids but I've tried to appreciate them more as well. My cousin's wife, Jess made this comment on her blog and it really touched me, "Love your babies. Hold them close tonight, because others are relying on our Heavenly Father to do so. Memorize their faces and their laughs. Breathe in their scent and smooth your hand over their cheeks. You need their grace to realize your own."I had the chance to tend Jayci the week before and I'm glad I got to enjoy that little person one more time. I've watched her in the past but I don't think I ranked up there among her favorite people because she was always so fussy with me but we had a good day that day. I remembered at the last minute that MaKendrie had a doctor's appointment. I sent Rig to Grandma's and off we went. I knew I'd be on the losing end of things if I had to keep up with both little girls so I buckled Jayci on my double stroller along with Ridge. We had a little bit of a wait in the waiting room and Jayci kept looking at me with her big brown eyes as if to let me know it wasn't fair that she was stuck in that dang stroller. I tried to keep her busy with peek-a-boo and pat-a-cake and she also kept busy giving the older couple across the room her big bright smile. When we made it to the exam room I felt brave enough to let her off the stroller. I worked up a sweat keeping those little ladies from dismantling the room before the doctor came. Thank you Krissy for letting me enjoy her sweetness that day. We'll miss her.
There will be a few more because I have asked some of them to share their words about their experience that night so I always have it to look back on! And if any one out there was there please leave a comment and share your feelings also. I don't remember much but I want to remember things like the plane flying over head and the beautiful sunset that set across the water. thank you.
The couples that are "Meant to Be" are the ones who go through everything that's designed to tear them apart and come out even STRONGER.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ellie Funnies
"Conversation with Granny June"
Granny get's out of the car and says "I need to use the rest room."
Ellie says "You need to go potty?"
Granny "Yes"
Ellie says "Okay I'll take you."
(Granny could not even tell me the story because she was laughing to hard. I thought it was so cute she wanted to help.)
"Sacrament Meeting 08/09/08"
Ellie "Mom where is your bag"
Dad "Do you want a snack?"
"This Morning 08/18/09"
I was in the kitchen making hot chocolate. Which I LOVE. Ellie decides she wants some to. But I was watching my TV show and told her to wait a minute. She was not going for that so she grabbed my arm and says "Pease Mom your the best". I love it when she says that, how can you tell her to hold on then?!
"On our way home from Twin. 8/22/09"
Ellie was whinny in the back seat and Layne started to mimic her and she got really mad and said. "Dad quit being a whiner."
"Tonight sitting on my lap in the Kitchen 9-08-09"
Ellie: I wanna get married
Mom: dieing of laughter "what did you say"
Ellie: I wanna get married
Dad: Not till your thirty!
Ellie: Ok
10/05/09
All of us playing make believe after dinner?!
Ellie: Mom you be Ellie, I'll be Dad and Dad be mommy because you have a Belly like mommy... (I laughed so hard)
So she wanted some dinner and said while deepening her voice "Darlin bring me some dinner"
We were laughing way to hard to keep playing... She was on one that night
12/02/09
After bringing Jayci home from the hospital.
Ellie: Mom why is Jayci eating your boob?(said so disgustedly)
Mom: because that is how she gets her food.
Ellie: Can she eat my boob?
01/24/2010
Getting ready for church.
I curled Ellies hair this morning and put a cute flower in it. She was wearing a new dress with her boots. I told her she looked rockin. She says "yeah i'm rockin" I tried to get her to put her coat on but she said "no mom I want to show dad how fashionable I am" Seriously what three year old talks like that.
02/08/10
Setting the scene: Ellie walks out of my room with just a t shirt on. I ask her. Where are your pants. She says: Mom their wet! well why or they wet. With her hand on her hip and shaking her finger at me she says "Because moder I had an Asserdent"
Granny get's out of the car and says "I need to use the rest room."
Ellie says "You need to go potty?"
Granny "Yes"
Ellie says "Okay I'll take you."
(Granny could not even tell me the story because she was laughing to hard. I thought it was so cute she wanted to help.)
"Sacrament Meeting 08/09/08"
Ellie "Mom where is your bag"
Dad "Do you want a snack?"
Ellie "Yeah" Cough Cough Cough
Dad preceeds to get her a treat but she started gaging a little bit. Chokes spits up a little bit, and Layne catches it in his hand.
Ellie (look of disgust) "Dad go throw it in the gabage that is DISGUSING"
So Layne gets up and washes his hands.
(I about peed my pants laughing)
"This Morning 08/18/09"
I was in the kitchen making hot chocolate. Which I LOVE. Ellie decides she wants some to. But I was watching my TV show and told her to wait a minute. She was not going for that so she grabbed my arm and says "Pease Mom your the best". I love it when she says that, how can you tell her to hold on then?!
"On our way home from Twin. 8/22/09"
Ellie was whinny in the back seat and Layne started to mimic her and she got really mad and said. "Dad quit being a whiner."
"Tonight sitting on my lap in the Kitchen 9-08-09"
Ellie: I wanna get married
Mom: dieing of laughter "what did you say"
Ellie: I wanna get married
Dad: Not till your thirty!
Ellie: Ok
10/05/09
All of us playing make believe after dinner?!
Ellie: Mom you be Ellie, I'll be Dad and Dad be mommy because you have a Belly like mommy... (I laughed so hard)
So she wanted some dinner and said while deepening her voice "Darlin bring me some dinner"
We were laughing way to hard to keep playing... She was on one that night
12/02/09
After bringing Jayci home from the hospital.
Ellie: Mom why is Jayci eating your boob?(said so disgustedly)
Mom: because that is how she gets her food.
Ellie: Can she eat my boob?
01/24/2010
Getting ready for church.
I curled Ellies hair this morning and put a cute flower in it. She was wearing a new dress with her boots. I told her she looked rockin. She says "yeah i'm rockin" I tried to get her to put her coat on but she said "no mom I want to show dad how fashionable I am" Seriously what three year old talks like that.
02/08/10
Setting the scene: Ellie walks out of my room with just a t shirt on. I ask her. Where are your pants. She says: Mom their wet! well why or they wet. With her hand on her hip and shaking her finger at me she says "Because moder I had an Asserdent"
2 comments:
That is beautiful.
That night was so horrible. I rember I called ivan and said get home my aunt val is watching our turckies and we are going on a date! He said we will see... " he's a fire fighter and had been called out to look for a lost little girl". I said oh no. And when it was 7 I said to myself well I guess ill just take the kids. When we got on 00south he called and said honey its jayci. I said witch on sence we have two friends with kids that name. He said layne and krissy's daughter. My heart sunk. My stomach turned and I just started crying. So I stop and made a few calls to get prayer chains started, then drove my kids out past Minico to drop off my angels. Then drove as fast as I could to go help with the search. When I got there the search and dive teams were leaving and I was pisses! " why were they leaving, " I couldn't understand.
I went in and gave layne, Krissy, val and teresa hugs but had no words to comfort. We finally left around 11 after searching and we were determind to not give up. We went and picked up the kiddos and cuddled them tight.
Ivan and I got up every hr with dreams they found her, and hoped just at a neighbors.
Ivan woke up that morning got dressed to head out the door to begin the search again. When he opened the door got the call they found her. All we could do was sit her in disbelief!
We love you and your whole family.... and we will be there for you as you have for us!
http://www.patrickandashley.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment